Find us on Facebook
- Mynaijabaze on Remembering Siti on Ramadan
- Faye on Ramadan ~ Maybe Next Year
- Shawn Smith on Ramadan ~ Maybe Next Year
- aziza shaikh on Remembering the Quebec City Mosque Shooting, One Year Later
- Mohammad shakoor on Saints and Misfits and Everything in Between
Thank you for this commentary; it came at a great time for me. I’m also the only hijab wearing woman of color in my environment, the archives. We are also faculty here and it has been a struggle for me too, especially because I don’t have role models or mentors that look like me. I’m working on a book with a colleague where we are looking at the experiences of librarians/archivists of color, so this essay is food for thought. I also subscribe to the list Presumed Incompetent. Thank you again, your words have been very helpful for me to know I’m not alone.