Find us on Facebook
- Mynaijabaze on Remembering Siti on Ramadan
- Faye on Ramadan ~ Maybe Next Year
- Shawn Smith on Ramadan ~ Maybe Next Year
- aziza shaikh on Remembering the Quebec City Mosque Shooting, One Year Later
- Mohammad shakoor on Saints and Misfits and Everything in Between
Excellent response! Unfortunately, mainstream media in Canada (especially the group that owns the Vancouver Sun, National Post, and Globe and Mail) has a long history of publishing articles that deliberately take on a patronizing, condescending, and downright Islamophobic stance.
A couple years ago, I’d written a response to Heather Mallick of the Toronto Star when she wrote a piece that was both ignorant and obnoxious, regarding Muslim girls being “oppressed” by their male peers at school:
Unlike as in your case, I received no response whatsoever from Heather – pretty typical, though.